Driveway Concert THIS Friday!
Join us for a lovely afternoon of live music and friendship! We are excited to share another social event for GIERS! We hope to see you in-person! Learn more about this GIERS event by clicking here to read our latest newsletter.
The Mourning After Bereavement Group
All dates are from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm using your computer, tablet or smartphone from the safety of your home. If you would like to join us please email us with your name & phone number to email@example.com so we can call you prior to the meeting.
- We will email you an invitation to join the group or “Zoom Meeting” early Friday morning. You can log in as early as 10:30 (an hour before the group meeting time) if you’re new to Zoom and want to make sure you can connect.
- Follow the instructions in the email invitation.
- Once you are logged in you will see and/or hear us (Bob & Bernice) and the other group members as they join the meeting.
- From a computer (Laptop or Desktop)
- From a Tablet or a Smart Phone
- Dial in from a phone.
The Checkered Cloth: A Lesson About Loss
Our memories can serve to sensitize us throughout our lives to things we may not otherwise have empathy for. One memory from my childhood has come back to me many times as I have worked with children, parents and loss.
I could not have been more than five years old when this experience happened to me. It was summer and I, my parents and older sister, Audrey, went on a rare vacation to the Catskills in NY. We visited a farm that was turned into a hotel and as a city child everything was exciting and new to me! I loved all the green, the wild flowers, the fresh air and the farm animals. It was here that I fell in love with chickens, an affection I hold to this day! Continue reading on GIERS blog >
GIERS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides services to assist individuals, families and organizations recovering from a wide range of losses. We use a large variety of therapeutic modalities including psychodrama, creative arts, action techniques, education and counseling to help people develop coping skills and facilitate a successful transition toward healthy recovery. GIERS will also educate and train professionals and other community members to understand and aid people experiencing grief.
GIERS activities include:
- Bereavement groups for adults, teens and children
- Humanity Players education program
- Recovery services for losses including loss of a loved one, physical or mental health, job, home, miscarriage, divorce, disenfranchised losses, such as from abortion, AIDS, suicide, and pet loss
- Individual and family grief counseling for adults, teens and children
- Community education programs addressing relevant issues of grief and loss
- Training programs for community members interested in assisting others with grief issues
- A “helpline” grief support referral service
As we obtain additional funding, we will add more innovative programming.
10 East Main Street Suite 5B
Freehold, New Jersey 07728