A Father’s Day Memory of Daddy
As we tell members of our bereavement group, The Mourning After, we never know when a memory will flash into our minds and stir strong emotions. I wanted to share this experience I just recently had with you.
Two weeks ago, My husband Bob and I went on our annual trek to Gasko’s nursery in Monroe Township to buy plants and seedlings for our garden. We both really love this outing and enjoy roaming the sprawling greenhouses that hold trays of intensely colored annual and perennial flowers, herbs, hanging baskets and great assortments of vegetable seedlings.
As I was wandering down the vegetable seedling aisle, my eyes taking in all the amazing growing possibilities, my gaze fell upon a tray of tomato plants that gave me a jolt. Continue reading on GIERS blog >
GIERS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides services to assist individuals, families and organizations recovering from a wide range of losses. We use a large variety of therapeutic modalities including psychodrama, creative arts, action techniques, education and counseling to help people develop coping skills and facilitate a successful transition toward healthy recovery. GIERS will also educate and train professionals and other community members to understand and aid people experiencing grief.
GIERS activities include:
- Bereavement groups for adults, teens and children
- Humanity Players education program
- Recovery services for losses including loss of a loved one, physical or mental health, job, home, miscarriage, divorce, disenfranchised losses, such as from abortion, AIDS, suicide, and pet loss
- Individual and family grief counseling for adults, teens and children
- Community education programs addressing relevant issues of grief and loss
- Training programs for community members interested in assisting others with grief issues
- A “helpline” grief support referral service
As we obtain additional funding, we will add more innovative programming.
10 East Main Street Suite 5B
Freehold, New Jersey 07728