GIERS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides services to assist individuals, families and organizations recovering from a wide range of losses. We use a large variety of therapeutic modalities including psychodrama, creative arts, action techniques, education and counseling to help people develop coping skills and facilitate a successful transition toward healthy recovery. GIERS will also educate and train professionals and other community members to understand and aid people experiencing grief.
GIERS activities include:
- Bereavement groups for adults, teens and children
- Humanity Players education program
- Recovery services for losses including loss of a loved one, physical or mental health, job, home, miscarriage, divorce, disenfranchised losses, such as from abortion, AIDS, suicide, and pet loss
- Individual and family grief counseling for adults, teens and children
- Community education programs addressing relevant issues of grief and loss
- Training programs for community members interested in assisting others with grief issues
- A “helpline” grief support referral service
As we obtain additional funding, we will add more innovative programming.
10 East Main Street Suite 5B
Freehold, New Jersey 07728